On the Shoulders of Giants
“If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.”– Isaac Newton
At the Institute for Effectiveness in Higher Education, we are proud that our work has an impact on institutional effectiveness and improvement. And we are always thinking of new ways to enhance the tools and services we offer. But we know we can’t do it alone. It is critical that we tap into the knowledge base of experts–‘giants’ in the field of higher education– to help move the ball forward. So, that’s what we’re doing now.
“Wisdom is the reward of experience and should be shared.”– Unknown
As such, we invited some of higher education’s most innovative, well-respected, and accomplished experts to serve on the IEHE Advisory Council. These ‘giants’ have a wealth of experience between them and bring a great deal of knowledge to the table. And each has graciously agreed to share their wisdom with us.
Under the IEHE tent, this distinguished group provides critique, input, and suggestions for improvement on IEHE tools. Through their shared expertise, the Institute for Effectiveness continues to improve our services and products. We do this in an effort to help institutions accomplish a key component of their own missions – improving student success.
Introducing the IEHE Advisory Council
Our inaugural Advisory Council members are:
- Daniel Chen, PhD – Director and Associate Professor of the Higher Education Program at George Mason University
- Mary Ann Coughlin, PhD – Senior Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs at Springfield College
- Jillian Kinzie, PhD – Associate Director of the Indiana University Center for Postsecondary Research and the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) Institute
- Paula Krist, PhD – Director of Institutional Research & Planning for University of San Diego
- Richard Pattenaude, PhD – former Chancellor at University of Maine System and former President of Ashford University
This team brings added wisdom to IEHE and our efforts to contribute to the profession. You can learn more about our esteemed Advisory Council here. All of us at the Institute for Effectiveness are so grateful for their service to the Institute and to the higher education community.